Makedonia airport in Thessaloniki is the nearest international airport and is approximately 3 hours drive east to Prespa. Athens is approximately 7 hours. The closest city to Prespa is Florina where there is reliable public transport everyday from bot main cities.
By Bus: There is daily sevice from Athens and Thessaloniki to Florina, approximately 8 and 2½ hours respectively. From Florina, the local bus service runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday and takes about 1 hour. For schedules, see www.ktel.org, or contact us at email@example.com.
By Car From Florina: Take the road sign-posted for Prespa from the main roundabout upon entering Florina. The right turn into Prespa is a further 35 km after crossing the pass at Vigla and passing the villages of Pisoderi and Andartiko.
By Car From Thessaloniki:
1. Take the National Road 'Thessaloniki-Athens' until the exit for 'Veroia – Kozani', Egnatia Highway E90 ~20km
2. Stay on the E90 highway, traveling west towards Kozani ~82km
3. Take the exit for Kastoria and follow the E86 Egnatia highway, North towards Kastoria ~30km
4. Outside Kastoria, you will see signs for the Greek-Albanian border station at Krystallopigi. ~75km
5. Stay on the E86 highway past the turnoff for Krystallopigi and at the sign for Prespes, turn left. ~10km
6. Follow this road winding through the hills until it ends at the 'Vrontero – Agios Germanos' road. ~15km
7. Turn right, drive 1.5km and you will see the entrance for Hotel Mimallones on your right. ~1.5km
By Car From Athens:
1. Take the National Road 'Athens-Thessaloniki' until the exit for 'Veroia – Kozani'. ~406km
Follow the Directions 2 – 7 Above. ~214km
Please Note: The Egnatia Highway system is being extended and improved so it is always good to have a map with you if you are unfamiliar with the Greek motorways and roads.